Thursday, March 5, 2009

Obama-care NOW


Lucky am I to be (just) on the have side between the haves and the have nots, I don't want my waiter, barista, dry cleaner, cashier, trainer or caterer to be ill, perhaps suffering in pain, and terrified because they are unable to see a doctor. 



These are "the people in your neighborhood" and, yes, I am willing to pay more taxes for that. What if Henrietta Pussycat's appendix burst and her jobs as a cashier at Big Lots and a part-time yoga instructor don't provide health insurance?



People who make more than $250,000 a year and complain about this are profoundly barbaric.




photo: Mr. Rogers, King Friday, Daniel Strip├Ęd Tiger, X the Owl, and Henrietta Pussycat by Gene J. Puskar/AP

graphic: oldamericancentury.org (caption reads: "That kind of thing is only for EVERY OTHER industrialized nation.")

1 comment:

passinthru said...

When you find out where I can take Henrietta's yoga class, please let me know. Many of the people, even among my personal friends, who are part-time teachers of yoga are a little humor-challenged, and my anti-stress activities can use all the boost I can arrange.